Australian Jobs 2021
- Labour Force, Australia, May 2021
- Labour Force, Australia, Detailed, May 2021
- Education and Work, May 2020
- Characteristics of Employment, Australia, August 2020
- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations
- Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification
Employment data at the national and state level are seasonally adjusted (where available). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ABS has suspended the publication of trend estimates until the medium to long-term nature of the impact is understood. All other data are annual averages of original data.
Employment data at the regional level are 12 month averages of original data.
- Because of the different bases for these data, state and regional employment and employment change figures are not comparable.
Employment data for Industry and Occupation groups are ABS data seasonally adjusted by the National Skills Commission (where available) but all other employment data (such as employment profile figures) are annual averages of original data.
For many small occupations and regions, the standard errors are relatively large. Accordingly, employment data may exhibit considerable variation and should be used with caution.
Regional areas are defined as those outside Greater Sydney, Greater Melbourne, Greater Brisbane, Greater Adelaide, Greater Perth, Greater Hobart, Darwin and the Australian Capital Territory.
The ‘no post-school qualification’ figures are for employed persons who have not completed education other than pre-primary, primary or secondary education. The ‘other qualification’ figures include - vocational education and training certificate I, II and not further defined; level of education inadequately described; and level of education not stated.
- Higher Education Student Data Collections
Higher education data are for domestic student enrolments in universities.
- Australian Skills Classification
- Emerging Occupations
- Internet Vacancy Index
- Recruitment Experiences and Outlook Survey
- Skills Priority List
- 2020 Graduate Outcomes Survey
Undergraduate and postgraduate full-time employment outcomes are a proportion of those who were available for full-time work four months after completing their degree. Overall employment outcomes are a proportion of those who were available for any work four months after completing their degree.
- Apprentice and trainees, 2020 (December quarter)
- Total VET Students and Courses, 2020
- VET student outcomes, 2019
Vocational Education and Training graduate employment outcomes data are for all graduates who improved employment status after training. Vocational Education and Training student enrolment data are for individuals who were enrolled in a subject or program in 2020.
Some Vocational Education and Training student enrolment data relate to program enrolments (that is, study for a qualification course or skill set).